To support survivors of sexual trauma, improve systems response, and create social change to end sexual violence.
To build a healthy community free from oppression and sexual trauma.
- Sexual trauma is any sexual violation that includes, but is not limited to, verbal harassment, physical contact, and/or the attempt to do so without an individual’s lawful consent.
- Sexual trauma is a public health problem, not simply a concern of an individual who experiences sexual trauma.
- Common attitudes and beliefs inform behaviors within our culture that normalize excuse, condone and perpetuate sexual trauma.
- Sexual trauma prevention requires a multi-level approach including primary prevention, therapeutic intervention and supportive response.
- Every survivor has the right to confidential and competent services, regardless of their background, gender, race, ethnicity, ability, sexual identity or decision to report.
STAR offers free of charge to anyone 12 and older seeking to heal from sexual trauma. We also provide comprehensive education to youth and adults in our community.
- 24/7 Hotline
- 24/7 Hospital Advocacy
- Case Management
- Court Accompaniment
- Criminal Justice Accompaniment
- Individual & Group Therapy
- Legal Representation
- Safety Planning
Systems Response Services:
- Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) Coordination
- Training & Technical Support
Social Change Services:
- Community Outreach & Engagement
- Youth & Adult Education
- Skill-Building to Support Social Action
Visit www.star.ngo for more information.